Senior Process Engineer
You want to make your ideas reality …
… and extend your limits at the same time?
Then you've come to the right place! We can offer you plenty of space for your ideas, excellent development possibilities and exciting challenges.
In automotive production, water treatment plants or chemical systems - around the world, electronic sensors and automation components by Pepperl+Fuchs guarantee smooth and safe operations. We know that dedicated and highly motivated employees are crucial to our success. As we want to continue growing, we hope to find, as soon as possible, for our subsidiary in Vietnam a
Senior Process Engineer
These tasks await you:
As a Senior Process Engineer, you are responsible for
- Conceptualize, develop, implement and release production processes during Product Engineering Process (PEP) and Product Transfer Process (PTP) projects for new products introduction within its required quality, costs and timeline.
- Lead Continuous Improvement Projects (CIF-Projects) to solve recurring production issues on demand.
- Lead and own at least 1 production technologies as Process Engineer during PEP/PTP project and as a Local / Global Technology Owner (LTO / GTO)
a. Through Hole Technology – THT, including Wave Soldering, THT component forming, Screwing, etc.
b. Surface Mount Technology – SMT, including Paste Printing, Pick&Place, Reflow Solder, AOI/SPI, Stencil Fabrication, etc.
c. Fluid Dispensing Technology, including encapsulation, plasma cleaning, gluing dispensing & jetting, conformal coating/dip coating of Lacquer, etc.
d. Plastic Welding/Joining Technology, including ultrasonic welding, laser welding, heat staking, etc.
e. Laser-related Technology, including Laser Welding, Laser Marking, Laser Trimming, etc.
f. Moulding Technology – Injection Molding, Over Molding, Hotmelt Molding, etc.
g. Cable Harnessing Technology – Cut & Strip, Crimping, etc.
- Lead and own at least 1 product groups (EMS / Optoelectronic / Encoder / PA Interface / SMT / Molding & Connector) as a Local Product counterpart for Production / Business Unit (BU) / Innovation Unit (IU) / Research & Development (RND).
- Participate & Deliver results in Projects at SEA regional level and if needed at Global Projects
- You are a part of the Industrial Engineering team to industrialize new product or transfer current products between locations according to company initiatives (PEP and PTP) – starting from Conceptual to Development & then Implementation phases to ensure that products meet the quality target. Within PEP/ PTP, you are responsible, but not limited to, End-to-End Process Engineering tasks:
a. plan and manage own budget (working hours) & timeline & communicate with Supply Chain project leader
b. discuss the design & production process concept (DFM / DFA)
c. participate actively in Risk Assessment (P-FMEA or similar tools)
d. select the most suitable technology (from Technology supermarket or similar) & perform feasibility studies if required
e. prepare process qualification plan
f. technical management of reliability test & qualification process with Quality department
g. prepare machine requirements, develop the process parameters, evaluate and qualify different material, create work instructions
h. perform machine, fixture and process releases using standard methodology (MSA, capability studies) and software (e.g. Minitab, qs-STAT)
i. request, consult and release fixtures which impact product / process quality
j. prepare new machine set-up, operation, maintenance procedures
k. perform prototype build, follow-up pilot run and troubleshoot process problems during the build
l. define the critical process parameters, prepare process control plan, and provide training to staff
- You are responsible to lead CIF-Projects to solve recurring production issues on demand. Within CIF- project, you are responsible, but not limited to, following tasks:
a. manage stakeholder, plan project (quality / cost / time)
b. form team & assign tasks
c. analyze data & solve problem
d. run & report the project progress
e. communicate & escalate when any target cannot be met on demand & handle deviation
- You are a Subject Matter expert, responsible for, but not limited to, following tasks:
a. lead a team of global experts in the Global Expert Team (GET) to achieve improvement and global standardization (valid for GTO only)
b. testing, performing trials and qualification of new material, machines and technology with Technology Development department on demand
- You are Local Product counterpart for Production & BU/IU, responsible for, but not limited to, following tasks:
a. summarize, report & do structure problem solving to solve product / process issues during PEP / PTP / CIF projects
b. discuss product design concept during PEP / PTP / CIF project, enforce product-related process design rule
Bring these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronics / Electronic / Mechanical / Material Science Engineering or equivalent education. Master Degree is an added advantage.
- Proficient in English for both verbal and written communication. Proficient in verbal/written German is an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in manufacturing with at least 5 years in process engineering environment, preferably in mechatronic / electronics / mechanical or automotive products.
- Possess theoretical & practical knowledge & experience to industrialize & introduce new products as a Process Engineer, following industrial standard procedure like APQP, DFSS, etc.
- Possess in-depth theoretical (material science, methodology) & industrial relevant (machine-related) experience in the assigned technologies (see in the main job scope)
- Possess in-depth industrial standard (IPC, J-STD, ISO, others) & practical knowledge of design, manufacturing process, common defect (design, materials, process-related) & how to troubleshoot them from the early (design) until the late (mass production) stages for the assigned technologies (see in the main job scope)
- Understand & possess hand-on experience for the assigned product group (see in the main job scope) or similar electronic products working on the similar design.
- Understand & possess real-world experience on key statistical analysis tools (e.g. DoE, SPC) and able to demonstrate & adapt it to different scenarios. Able to use software like Minitab and qs-STAT for machine/process release.
- Have project management skill, able to plan and adapt quality, cost, time depending on different scenario.
- Understand preventive maintenance methodology & execution.
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we would like to meet you. Send us your documents directly online. We look forward to your application!
Should you have further concerns, please feel free to reach out to Ms. Jane Vu via email email@example.com
Sie wollen mehr über Pepperl+Fuchs erfahren? Informationen zu unseren Produkten, Standorten sowie Fakten und Zahlen zu unserem Unternehmen finden Sie unter karriere.pepperl-fuchs.com.