Senior Procurement Specialist
Do you love developing cutting-edge innovations…
… and developing your career at the same time?
Then you've come to the right place! We can offer you plenty of space for your ideas, excellent development possibilities and exciting challenges.
In automotive production, pharmaceutical manufacturing or chemical systems - around the world, electronic sensors and automation components by Pepperl+Fuchs guarantee smooth and safe operations. We know that dedicated and highly motivated employees are crucial to our success. As we continue our growth journey, we are looking for:
Senior Procurement Specialist
The person will represent Strategic Purchasing (SPUR) Team within Procurement Department, South East Asia (S.E.A) in the implementation of category or commodity strategies to optimize business efficiency, ensure compliance to governing laws and regulations and achieving performance targets set.
The primary objective is to source, develop suitable external supplier for Material Group (MG) and managing supplier relationships by establishing contracts, performance and risk management with them.
In accomplishing this, they will evaluate and determine the best supplier value for those products and services, and align with Global SPUR Team in the Material Group (MG) Supplier Strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define Material Group (MG) structure including classifying parts to correct material groups based on supplier process, material type or product application
- Understanding global market vs existing approved supplier base to evaluate Material Group (MG) Supplier Strategy and Cost Strategy with consideration of global spending, supplier capability and capacity to achieve total cost optimization
- Monitor and address supplier performance in terms of delivery, quality and reliability, among others
- Derive and execute control plan to bring supplier’s rating to an acceptable level
- Manage New Product Introduction (NPI) or existing Product Cost part review in getting the right supplier, at right price to meet require cost and delivery target
- Understanding different workflow compliance to manage part qualification and evaluation ready to support mass production timeline
- Presenting cost opportunity roadmap for the assigned Material Group to achieve Department target
- Assessing supplier competency to match stakeholder requirements and determine if new source is required
- Tertiary qualification in business administration, industrial engineering, science or engineering
Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in procurement, ideally from the manufacturing sector in related industries
- Excellent understanding of procurement processes, leading negotiations and projects as well as supplier management
- Strong business acumen and technical know-how within area of responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently and as a team under time pressure
- Positive energy with a committed and enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Highly motivated to thrive and proactively deliver results
- Excellent communication and ability to work and influence at all levels
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we would like to hear from you. Please send your applications online to Benny Tan via khtan[at]sg.pepperl-fuchs.com quoting job ref number MR #3516. We look forward to your application!
Sie wollen mehr über Pepperl+Fuchs erfahren? Informationen zu unseren Produkten, Standorten sowie Fakten und Zahlen zu unserem Unternehmen finden Sie unter karriere.pepperl-fuchs.com.