Senior Specialist, Material Planning Operations (MPO)
You want to look at long-term perspectives …
... and benefit from short-term decision making paths?
Then you've come to the right place! We can offer you plenty of space for your ideas, excellent development possibilities and exciting challenges.
In automotive production, pharmaceutical manufacturing or chemical systems - around the world, electronic sensors and automation components by Pepperl+Fuchs guarantee smooth and safe operations. We know that dedicated and highly motivated employees are crucial to our success. As we continue our growth journey, we are looking to find a talent for:
SENIOR SPECIALIST, MATERIAL PLANNING OPERATIONS (MPO)
The Senior Specialist, MPO must ensure the availability of raw materials and merchandise to meet the production schedule in the short-term and long-term with the right quantity and quality, and in the most cost-effective way while keeping inventory level within target. The ideal candidates are End-to-End minded and capable of maintaining a strong relationship with internal colleagues and external suppliers in various geographical locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure process adherence and use of best practices by executing the documented operational procedures
- Monitor and address supplier performance in terms of delivery, quality and reliability, among others
- Derive and execute control plan to bring supplier’s rating to an acceptable level
- Planning, issue, follow up purchased order and distribution orders in consideration of the upstream and downstream requirements to ensure that scheduled delivery dates are met with accuracy confirmation date in ERB system
- Update & maintain parameter in ERP system according to planning concept
- Determine and analyse the demand in terms of the right quantity, quality and time while taking actions and collaborating with supply chain planning to minimise the impact to the production schedule and customer
- Performing search (RFQ) from open market with approved vendor list and put up justification for any premium buy or change of mode of transport request
- Coordinate engineering changes and critical issue of material’s quality with Production, R&D, Procurement, Quality Management department and Vendor with minimal impact to supply chain planning and production
- Follow up on claim related to discrepancy in price, quantity & quality
- Review shelf life constraint or solderability requirement commodities to ensure availability
Minimise obsolete stock to reduce scrap cost. Review and manage material scrap activities
- Responsible to investigate and report on process and technology exceptions to drive towards efficiency and effectiveness, as part of the continuous improvement process
- Prepare and report planning relevant KPI’s – SFM participation incl. escalation (handling of escalation cases, etc.)
- Lead project/sub-project which is given by superior and any other tasks as required under major accountabilities
- Provide necessary training and advise Material Planning Operations Specialist A/B on daily handling and operational matters
- Optimization of end-to-end SC performance by analyzing & improving defined processes as well as providing proof of efficiency for implemented actions
- Recognized diploma or bachelor degree in business administration, industrial engineering, science or engineering
- Famiilar with initiation of procurement processes, negotiations and supplier comparisons
- Computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Basic knowledge of planning / ordering via ERP system
- Good proficiency in written and spoken English, competency in another Asian language is highly regarded
- Experience on the job knowledge in manufacturing industry and material planning/supply chain management practices is highly desirable
- Collaborative, cooperative and able to work with other team members towards a common goal
- Highly ethical and demonstrates mutual respect
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we would like to meet you. Send us your documents directly online. We look forward to your application! If you have any questions regarding this job opportunity, please contact Benny Tan via khtan[at]sg.pepperl-fuchs.com
Sie wollen mehr über Pepperl+Fuchs erfahren? Informationen zu unseren Produkten, Standorten sowie Fakten und Zahlen zu unserem Unternehmen finden Sie unter karriere.pepperl-fuchs.com.